Auction Buyer Service
Buy your next Irish car direct from the UK with UK Car Imports.
We now offer trade prices to our retail customers as well as our trade partners.
Using our trade accounts with our professional team, you can bid for and buy your new used car in the UK at trade prices.
Our unique service provides more information on our used cars than traditional retailers and alot of choice for each make at the lowest prices.
Our Warranty is our Guarantee
Post purchase electronic and hard copy invoices come with each purchase. Request a link to a live recording of the online buying process for total transparency
Buying with UK Car Imports
Step 1: The DetailsVehicles on UK Car Imports are physically located in the UK and are due to be sold at auction in the UK in the coming days and weeks
- The price advertised includes the auction price only. That is the 'Book' price of the car.
- Check the Auction Date first, the auction date is located beside the price in the car lists. If the auction day is today then its too late!
- We can accommodate a bid on cars going to auction as early as tomorrow.
- Review the condition and/or mechanical reports on each car to see the quality on offer.
- If you require an advanced inspection, you can book one of our professional inspectors for €200 to provide a report to help you decide.
- We provide a free inspection review, covering the vehicle information in the mechanical and condition reports making sure you understand the relevance and any potential costs of each item identified, click on 'Request more Information' and we will respond with all the vehicle details. Our experience will help you to make the best decision.
- We provide a cost price car transporter service to Dublin from €400.
- To help in the process, we will confirm the VRT due, though registration of the vehicle in Ireland and payment of VRT will be your own responsibility.
- We can provide VRT registration services for €99.
- If you do wish to bid below 'book' value we can process the bid for you for a small fee of €10 a bid.
We can provide a link to the recording of each bid to ensure full transparency.
Step 2: Making a Decision
A vehicle history report from HPI can be provided following a deposit, this history check is provided at a cost price of €15.
Prices are based on established and predictable UK book prices, however, fluctuations do occur, to secure an auction purchase, a reserve is always advisable to account for such variations in the auction price.
'Book' value works well for high volume cars, it can be 'off' for higher value, bespoke vehicles especially in white.
On the 'up' side auction prices can be lower than 'Book'. Our auction moto is to Plan for the worst and hope for the best! Our Auction Buyer Service ensures you keep any savings! Whatever the price, we never bid above the budget you have set. We will forward the auction house invoice and you will only pay the amount on the invoice. An independent hard copy of the invoice is provided with the car by the auction house providing total transparency. We also can provide a recorded video of the online purchase on request.
A major change from our retail model allowing us to provide trade prices, is the move to a trade model where the client pays the auction house directly.
We can try and bid on as many cars as you like with a given budget, for free, once its at least equal to prices listed on our site!
Your confirmation to purchase in advance of bidding will confirm that you are happy with the condition/mechanical reports or the inspection report provided by a member of our team.
Step 3: Making a Bid
One of our team will complete the bidding online, where an inspection has been arranged then the inspector will complete the bidding in the auction hall. You are invited to attend our office to view the bidding process, alternatively you can request a recording of the live online bidding, this way you will see the final hammer price for yourself.
- Make a deposit of €1,000 to bid, a €2,000 deposit maybe required for high value vehicles, we will let you know if the greater deposit is required in advance of bidding.
- Confirm your budget by email including any reserve you wish to include.
- Our fee of €295 is only due in the event of a successful bid.
- Once a successful bid is made, we will send you the Auction House Invoice.
- You will need to complete payment to the auction house on that day, not forgetting it takes 2-3 days to clear in a UK bank.
- Late payment, beyond 3 days, may incur storage charges of upto €30 per day from the auction house.
- The car cannot be collected before payment clears.
Your deposit, will be returned, minus our fee and the cost of the history check* if requested. Once payment is made in reasonable time there will be no storage charges. Storage charges would be taken from the deposit if they arise.
*The HPI history check costs €15
There is no charge for an unsuccessful bid as mentioned above.
Step 4: Optional Extra’s
- Bidding at or above 'book' value is free of charge in the event of an unsuccessful bid. We can facilitate bidding below 'book' value for €10 a bid.
- We can provide recordings of the live online bidding process for each car you decide to bid on, on request, providing total transparency.
- We can provide a professional onsite car inspection report for €200.
- Our comprehensive 12 month warranty policy is available for €295.
- Transport by car transporter to Dublin costs €400, from London and Scotland costs may be higher.
- We can complete VRT registration for €99.
Details of each service are explained in the 'Frequently Asked Questions' page.
We provide Finance for UK car purchases, read the Frequently Asked Questions section to find out how that works.
Trade-ins - Difficult! when our margin is €295 we cannot offer retail prices, retail prices on carzone are €500-€1,000 above the actual selling prices. Also, as an authorised car dealer we are typically required to offer a warranty and servicing for cars we retail onsite, including reselling trade-ins, this is costly. Buying trade-ins also ties up our capital.
If you really need to trade-in we will try to be helpful in that we can offer a 'trade' value in cash against your auction purchase, 'trade' value is 2/3rds of the 'carzone' retail price.
Our model is set up to provide the best value and choice in used vehicles in Ireland and that means keeping every cost as low as possible.
Why Buy with us?
Buying 'online' is new for the car industry, at least in Ireland. Here are some reasons to grab the opportunity with both hands!
- Our prices are better than even the cheapest retail cars in the UK or Ireland. And rather than one option at the lowest price, our service offers many options at that price. You are buying from the place that UK and Irish dealers buy their stock.
- Our service covers the UK so you don't have to, saving you time and avoiding the stress.
- No other company offers as much information about the condition and mechanics of their cars. There are no hidden surprises with our vehicles
- We offer our authorised dealer backed warranty that means you can buy from the UK and have all the benefits of an Irish dealer to stand over the vehicle in case of an issue.
- We offer finance to Irish car buyers buying from the UK for the first time. Call us to find out more.
- We offer fully insured transport from the UK, helping you save time and hassle getting insured and taxed and protecting your investment
- We can help ensure you have the correct VRT calculation, getting that wrong can be a costly nightmare!
- We can register the car for you and give money saving guidance around the whole VRT process
- Our inspectors have over 70 years experience buying vehicles at auction between them, they will save you the trip to the UK and give you a more informed opinion than you could provide yourself!
- With our guidance on auction information you can make the smartest possible investment in a new car from the UK with all the advantages of buying one at home but with a significant saving
- Quality is even more important than simply being cheap, we offer the best quality at the lowest prices. For example, in comparison to Car Giant, the acknowledged leader in UK used car retail, we have 5-10 options for each of theirs, at equal or lower prices with our unique AA/Manheim mechanical and condition reports. Used car retailers in Ireland or the UK simply don't want to give you the prices and information we offer.
Get looking now by clicking on the button below and save yourself time and money!